Sunday, March 22, 2009

Strength

The sea's only gifts are harsh blows, and occasionally the chance to feel strong.

Now, I don't know much about the sea, but I do know that that's the way it is here.

I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong

but to feel strong.

To measure yourself at least once.

To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions.


Now I don't usually like doing tiny posts like this, but I absolutely adored this quote from "Into the Wild." I watched it over my spring break. It wasn't like I expected at all. 
If any of you love the writings of Thoreau, Tolstoy and London you will love this movie. I need to read the book, too. 

I'm headed back to school today, and I finally found the charger to my digital camera! So no more grainy cell phone photos or pictures I take with Photobooth on my Mac.

Look for a more interesting post soon and have a lovely day.

all photos from here.

9 comments:

Mo said...

lovely. i didn't see the movie but i think i should.

Elle Custom Jewelry said...

I should totally watch those movies. What beautiful photos!

Łucja said...

Maria, I want to thank You for following my blog - it means a lot to me. I wish I could find some such old books as Yours, here in Poland, but I haven't discovered place like that yet :/
I'm waiting for Your news :)

hugs

loveology said...

Wow, this post is absolutely breathtaking! <3

really like your blog dear...
Thanks for the lovely comment on mine!

Mila
x

Unknown said...

I am yet to see that film but i must try and rent it this weekend

sarah said...

Beautiful post, I really liked the quote, and of course the photo's.

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the photograph of the deer, it's sooooooo amazing indeed! My week's been ok, not too bad. I've actually been up to quite a bit. I haven't been blogging for this week due to my net being cut off so I'm at my boyfriends house trying to reply to everyone & yeah making the most of what I need to catch up on! I'm going shopping tomorrow to go and buy this ladder book shelf, it's really cool! I can't wait to go get it aye! I'll definitely post pictures up real soon! How was your week? Take care xoxox



♥ Jennifer.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures and I really need to see that film. xx

Lola-Elise said...

Beautiful images..

Lola.
p.s. you have a lovely blog, visit mine sometime :)