Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Blossoms

I'm on break from school for the next week so I've been catching up on things away from the city. My first weekend home has been lovely. Daddy picked me up on Friday afternoon and he, Mom and I went out for a yummy sushi dinner. 
I couldn't wait to spend the night in my big, cozy bed. 



The next morning. I woke up bright and early for brunch with my cousin Tara. We went to one of our favorite restaurants: Raymond's in Montclair. We munched on omelets and fruit bowls and big cups of coffee and we split a basket of french fries. After brunch, we went to Gimmie Jimmy's which is a yummy pastry shop across the street from Raymond's.

I had a delicious red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting... my absolute favorite.



And even though Tara said she didn't want anything, she had a few nibbles of my cupcake. I mean, who can resist a red velvet cupcake? And this one was especially yummy. It was so light and fluffy and the frosting wasn't too sweet. It was perfect.

After dessert we shopped for a bit, and then I met Lizz, my Pearl, at our old high school to see the spring musical. It was one I'd never heard of: How to Succeed in Business Without Even Trying. It was wonderful! Besides the musical itself being hilarious, the cast did a wonderful job!

This morning, Mom and I went down by our beach house to do some antiquing. She needed a new coffee table and I've started collecting old books. I found some very lovely ones.



Aren't they darling? My favorite one is the one second to the top. It's a book entitled Cassy. I'd never heard of it before, but when I opened the front cover, I had to have it.



It reads:
Presented to
Sam Woodhouse
For Regular Attendance
And Good Behaviour
at the
Methodist New Connexion
Salem Sunday School,
Berry-Brow.
October 25, 1877.

And the boy who this book belonged to, Sam I'm guessing, doodled little pictures of horses on the facing page. Adorable, right?

So overall, I had a lovely weekend. I hope yours was just as beautiful.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the book sounds amazing! what a lovely weekend :) I'd love to read more posts about your day-to-day, they're so charming

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful! I love collecting old books as well & it's a bonus when they come with a beautiful story like yours! Finding out it once belonged to someone. This is a beautiful blog you have! & I LOVE your tea cup! :)

♥Jen.

- if you would like to view my blogs, just email me xox

Jennifer said...

Hey darl! I was wondering your header picture of those two girls on the rock what movie is that from? I remember it so well but can't work out the name of it, it's such an old classic I can't believe I forgotten what it's called! Ta xx

Victoria said...

love the red sunnys !! :)

Jennifer said...

Awwwhh thanks for that! I knew it was something soooo easy, but it's like hrmms what was it called? Hahahah, yes I remember parts of the movie.. I haven't watched it in sooo long! LOL.. I must rent it out & watch it real soon :) Anyway How was your day darl?

xx

Victoria said...

HAha. Yea, it is such a goal vibe there, I must say ! Love it :)

loveology said...

Gorgeous!
That picture with the teacup and the books is stunning!

<3

Mila,.