Friday, February 13, 2009

Child's Play

I came across this fun little game and decided to share my answers here.
Is there much else to do at 12:30 am on Valentine's Day?

If you could invite 8 people,dead or alive, to a dinner party who would it be and why?



1. William Shakespeare

Because his plays have changed and shaped my life in more ways than I even know.
 Because Romeo and Juliet was the first romance I ever truly believed in as a mature reader.


2. Sandro Botticelli

Because "La Primavera" made me adore Renaissance art.
 Because I spent a half hour sitting in the Botticelli room of the Uffizi in Florence with tears in my eyes.


3. Edie Sedgwick

Because she influenced an entire generation without realizing it.
Because she was effortlessly glamorous.


4. Jonathan Safran Foer

Because his novels will forever influence my writing.
 Because I want to be Oskar Schell.


5. Humphrey Bogar & 6. Lauren Bacall

Because age didn't matter.
 Because theirs was one of the only pure and true Hollywood romances.


7. John Lennon

Because his music changed a generation.
 Because he influenced the country with his art.


8. Rudolph Nureyev

Because watching him and Fonteyn in Romeo and Juliet made me want to start ballet again.
 Because he is one of the greatest dancers of all time.


Now you play.

No comments: